- Select the proper size drill bit from theMaximum Tensile Chart on the Tech Specs tab. Drill the hole perpendicular to the work surface. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
- Drill the hole at least as deep as the full length of the anchor, but not closer than two anchor diameters to the bottom (opposite) surface of the concrete.
- Clean the hole using compressed air and a nylon brush.
- Tap the anchor, threaded portion last, into the hole. Make sure that the top of the anchor is flush with, or below, the level of the work surface.
- Insert the setting tool into the threaded end of the anchor and expand the anchor by striking the end of the setting tool with a hammer. The anchor is set (fully expanded) when the shoulder of the setting tool touches the anchor.Full expansion is necessary for proper anchor performance.
- The anchor is now ready to accept threaded hardware.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses. Follow drill manufacturer's instructions. Use only solid carbide-tipped drill bits meeting ANSI B212.15 diameter standards.