- Drill the hole equal to the nominal diameter of the anchor. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
- Drill the hole deeper than the intended embedment, but not closer than two diameters to the bottom (opposite) surface of the concrete.
- Clean the hole with a nylon brush and compressed air.
- Insert anchor into the hole.
- Using setting tool, drive expander shield over cone.
- Position fixture, insert fastener and tighten.
NOTE: Always wear safety glasses. Follow drill manufacturer's instructions. Use only solid carbide-tipped drill bits meeting ANSI B212.15 diameter standards.